17 November 2006

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...

Ok, so I have already said how fubar the administration is here. As organized as some kinda fire drill. I found out yesterday that we don't have classes all week this week. Here I was thinking it was just thursday friday and the weekend.

So, I'm actually going to use it to get caught up, do some shopping, maybe a little sight seeing, and catch up on my sleep.

A flight home, last minute, including the car to and from the airport would have set me back about 6 or 7 hundred bucks, so I said, meh.

It's George's Birthday next Sunday, too. :(

This sucks.

Oh well--It will be worth it in the end.

I'm missing home like mad.

Why oh Why did I ever leave!? :(

Just listened me some Tony Bennet :(
The lyric seems...extra poignant now...

The loveliness of Paris
seems somehow sadly gay,
The glory that was Rome
is just another day,

I've been terribly alone
and forgotten in Manhattan,
I'm going home
to my city by the bay.

I left my heart
in San Francisco,
high on a hill
it calls to me

To be where little cable cars
climb halfway to the stars
The morning fog may chill the air,
I don't care.

My love waits there
in San Francisco,
above the blue
and windy sea,

When I come home to you,
San Francisco,
your golden sun
will shine for me.

:(
Miss you all.

2 Comments:

At Friday, November 17, 2006 8:10:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chica,

I only have classes on Monday myself. Would you like to come down to Philly? I have plans for T-day, but other than that I'm free.

We can fool around and see the sights. (I have tickets to a comedy show, know cheap happy hours, and can introduce you to the best tofu sandwich this side of Kansas.)

Give me a call,
Laura

 
At Saturday, November 18, 2006 6:24:00 AM , Blogger sketchmonkey said...

Hi Laura!
Thanks for the offer :) I did get your call, and it was during a 3 or 4 day chaos of test after test, and I was completely surviving on oxygen and the lapses in consciousness (micro-sleep)

I don't know. I would love to come see Philly (and you) but I'm so beat, that I think I need to lay low and recuperate to make it thru til the end of this semester. Plus, hoping to get caught up in my Assessing Clinical Evidence class, which is killing me. P-values, Confidence Intervals, Nomograms, Forrest plots--oy vey!

AND get ready for a big test in Pathophys, too.

But, Gimme a call--I'll have time to actually talk this week :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home