06 February 2007

Going into Chronic Hyper-studyosis mode

Ok, I'm starting to lash myself to the mast for the next five weeks. This week, we start our fifth and final rotation. For me, that's Peds.

Stupid Peds.

It's not that thier gross anatomy or physiology is that much different; it's that they have all these damned changes and developmental milestones you're supposed to know. Little Johnny is 4 months old and his head still lags? Hmmm, that's not normal. LIttle Jane is 6 years old and still only doing parallel play? Uh-oh!

That kinda stuff. Oh well.

Also, today we start EBP (evidenced based practice) and that's BOUND to be a hootinanny because it's the continuation of ACE (assessing clinical evidence) last semester, which I thought was interesting, but nearly killed me. This was a graduate level research class. I loved the prof, Leanne (though she's not teaching EBP) but the topic itself was so much statistics and data analysis and picking apart studies to interpret what they're REAL results were, not what they said they were.

This new class really cuts into my study time for the class I have this afternoon (Issues in Nursing) in which we have tests every week. This worries me because this is that L&D prof that just hates me, and I've NOT been doing well on her stupid trick question tests. I fall for the sucker question every time. I hate her. Think: Nurse Ratched meets a psychotic Ellie-May Clampet...yep, that's her.

On the happy side, I sent my resume to B and he replied right back that when I get into town we should get together for lunch and talk. I'm soooo excited that I almost went running outside in the 9 degree weather shouting "I might never have to come back to this crap heap ever again!!!" but thought better of it.

32 days and counting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home