02 May 2007

Ding, Dong...

I'm THROUGH with her.

Yesterday was my last day with my regular preceptor, but I still have 4 days left to complete with the cool, younger, more patient and tollerant preceptor.

The nursing manager checked with hospital policy--I AM supposed to be learning to start IVs, and drawing blood.

For whatever reason, my bitch preceptor just flat out refused--first it was my school policy, then it was the hospital policy...people just piss me off.

Anyway, I'm through with her.

I gave her a much undeserved gift and she chose to not open it in front of me, but read the little note I had attached, thanking her, and she hugged me an odd, upper body, shoulders only sort of hug. Kind of like "yeah, whatever..." (pat pat pat)

I told her that if she already owned it, or didn't like it, she could exchange it, to which she said "you shouldn't do that, why do you do that, you're like my boyfriend, he does that all the time...you shouldn't undermine what you do"

She then took me out to the bulletin board and said she had something she wanted to give me. She took down a piece of paper and made me photocopy it. Reading it now, I realize why she was so seemingly annoyed by me...I can see why this haqs so much meaning for her, and perhaps I can remember when I used to feel like this too. I'm also proud to say that it's something I already do, and I've gotten here on my own, without this piece of advice. It says:

PROMISE YOURSELF
To be so strong that nothing can disturbe your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness and prospecity to every person you meet.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
To think only of the best, to work only for the best and expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
To forget mistakes of the past and press on ot the greater acheivements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

Now, reading that, I understand why she hated me; why she made my days so difficult, why she resented me so much. Why she was interested in Buddhism, and wondered about getting closer to the feeling of letting go that she so needs.

I hope she gets the peace in her heart that she needs to be happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home