15 August 2006

Liminal Space

Shakespeare said:
"How like a winter hath my absence been
From thee, the pleasure of the fleeting year!
What freezings have I felt, what dark days seen!
What old December's bareness everywhere!
And yet this time removed was summer's time,
The teeming autumn, big with rich increase,
Bearing the wanton burden of the prime,
Like widowed wombs after their lords' decease:
Yet this abundant issue seemed to me
But hope of orphans, and unfathered fruit"

I can't stand New York, and I completely understand how there's been a rumored "mass exodus" of students after the first year, BACK to San Francsisco.

I'm a bit melancholy since returning--Some things just haven't gone the way I'd like. Or maybe it's just that there's so much to do, or so much on my mind.

I dunno.

In any case, I find myself thinking about my friends, stuck in NYC (Who don't know about this blog) and feeling a bit friendless here at home. Everyone's moved on; everyone's got stuff going on, etc.

My phone is so quiet! It's normally ringing so much I can't get a minute's rest. But this is one of those "careful what you wish for" things.

(I'm so good at that wishing for the wrong thing)

So, here I sit, belolnging to neither this place, nor that. I am neither here, nor there. Neither resting, nor getting anything done.

What a strange threshold the Airplane is, eh? It takes us to other lives, other selves, other places that hold other memories, senses, flavors, smells, and feelings.

:(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home