07 May 2007

it is...O - V - E - R ! ! ! !

WHAT a frigging day.
I can't believe how bad it was.
Several times, I got teary eyed and almost started crying.

I got yelled at by the unit clerk when I asked her how to fax the floor that was receiving one of our patients. She yelled at me "You've been here two months and you don't know how to use a fax machine?" I apologized for bothering her, told her that my preceptor had asked me only to fax the form and I didn't know the phone number, and I had only used the copier function on this machine, I'd never faxed from it.

"I know, I'm sorry, but I have like 40 people asking me things all day long!"

again, I apologized and said I didn't know who else to ask, and I was sorry...I knew she was busy. So I tried to find a phone directory or list of numbers or something. I almost went over to the unit to ask them their fax number.

So, then she felt bad I guess and she came over and tried to tell me the number and how to do it.

My preceptor came out and asked me if I'd called the unit and given report and faxed the form just as I wasgetting around to it.

"ask Clara, that's her job"
"I did."
"and?"
"she yelled at me"

She laughed and said she felt bad for sending me off without enough info, and said she hoped that I would come back to her and tell her I didn't know how to do something, but I said "I was trying to figure it out, to help you by not bothering you with every last detail."

pretty much, that was what the whole frigging day was like.

My regular psycho-bipolar preceptor was there, and she was extra nutty. I was glad I wasn't working with her today. I said hello to her and she just ignored me.

Okey dokey.

At lunch I went in to Cheryl's office, (my liason) and she was in a meeting so I said I'd be back. She ended up coming by when I was walking out...I spent all frigging day online, reading email, goofing off. I can't DO anything so I was trying to find things to do. My patient was a cocaine-induced MI so he was sleeping for two days, and waking up to fill his urinal, and to take his meds, and that was that. Not much going on with him, not even on an IV. When she came by, she gave me the evaluation to fill out and sort of scolded me a bit. Never to write emails and leave a paper trail that sounded paranoid, that I had to get over it, etc.

I was like "wait a minute...I feel completely robbed here. I spent $70,000 on an education and I'm leaving here not knowing much more than when I started integration." Paranoid? You're my Liason! You're supposed to be the person to help me out of this mess. Argh!

Anyway, she showed me the evaluation my freak preceptor wrote for me...mostly 3s, two 4's (figures) on a scale of 1-4, 4 being exceptional, and 1 being inadequate or something.

Right now I'm so sad that I came to this school.

Such a waste of money.

Go anywhere else but here...save yourself 50 or 60 thousand dollars and learn stuff for real...that's my advice. I wish I'd listened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home