18 August 2006

A day in the life of an Anesthetist

Well, I'm just getting back from spending the day in the OR with my sistah, Jean. What a fabulous experience! I observed two surgeries, and was only in the wrong place, doing thw wrong thing, a couple of times :)

Poor Jean--I'm bound to get her in trouble yet!

I'm glad to say that the blood and gore of the operating room don't bother me; that was initially what I worried about (lo, those many years ago, when I was considering a career change.) Today, I was able to see two complete procedures, from interview to PACU. It was a fabulous oportunity to observe the real thing; not just the theoretcial stuff one is fed in didactic.

There's no doubt in my mind that this is what I want to do--it's so amazing!

Jean's my hero.

That's all there is to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home