29 November 2007

surrounded by idiots

I just called in sick to my unit. The nurse that answered the phone told the other nurse, who was precepting me for the first week I was there that I wasn't going to come in tonight.

"She needs to call the staffing office and the nursing supervisor"
I'm an orientee...I basically do the work at this point, while my preceptor sits at the nurses station and says "let me know if you need help" and then when I ask for some "you have to do that for yourself, you GOTTA LEARN..."

I told the nurse on the phone, "yeah, I was going to do that after I told you guys I wasn't going in. Hopefully, they'll find another orientee to cover for me."

Christ on ice skates! No brilliant thinker there.
This is what I work with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home