21 August 2006

Elevated hopes

{sigh}
After going to work with Jean and spending the day in the OR with her, and her anesthesia resident, who's attending Samuel Merritt, I'm finding myself day-dreaming about the possibility of transfering back to the bay area to finish my master's portion of the anesthesia program.

Of course, this month has had its good and bad (nee, disasterous) things about it--but, in all, I like being home. I miss it terribly and the more I'm home, the more I want to stay home--not go back to New York.

So, the fantasy that this will just be one year in New York, and then that I might actually have a shot at getting into the 27 month program at Merritt, has me rather optimistic. Which is never good.

With optimism comes let down.
And it will shatter my heart into slivers of glass if I got my hopes up and then didn't get in.

There's also a school in So Cal (y'all remember how I felt about being in So. Cal, too, right? But at LEAST it's California...and the weather is more tollerable, and it's a drive home--no more airports, layovers, security check points, etc)


So, still...I'm a year away from finishing this accellerated bachelor's, and then I have a year in the ICU, here in SF...and If I can get into Merritt, then good-bye New Yawk!

That thought is haunting me now.
{sigh}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home