05 July 2006

This deserves a post all its own

I stumble across most things I post here in the usual way; I see them on yahoo, or someone I know posts them to thier blog or myspace.

I was sitting down to start putting in some more time with my pharmacology notes and I saw this on yahoo.

Of course, having lived in Bella Firenze for nearly a year and a half, I knew immediately what artwork these people were looking at...my own experience was far more private--

My friend, Demetrios, and I were working in studio late, and he said "hey, the Academy is open late now--the tourists don't know about it--let's go when there's no one there!" So, we put down our T-squares and triangles, hot glue guns and X-acto knives and walked over to the Academia.

We were the only two people there. We had him all to ourselves. We got there at 9 pm and walked around him once. When we circumnavigated him once, I looked at my watch. It was 10 pm. It had taken an hour to inch our way around slowly, admiring every angle.

I use this word so infrequently, but THIS was positively "BREATHTAKING!"
Enjoy, and remember, if you've already been :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home