03 September 2006

Did I dream it?

Sigh--the month went by already?
I rolled into my room and it was exactly as I remembered it; exactly as I left it. I immediately understood why they sent around the health center info about insurance and, though it struck me as very odd, the suicide prevention pamphlet.

I was flooded with despair and sadness at being back, yet strangely, seeing the cell I live in was somehow anodyne. Here, I cease to be, and yes, George teases me in monotone robot voice ("I am an academic robot...no emotions are felt...does not compute") etc I kind of do sublimate a lot of my "self" into the studies.

So, I unpacked, and re-installed my water filter, and I prepared my boone-board dry erase calander that will soon be crammed with teeny weeny script all over it, telling me where I'm supposed to be, what I'm supposed to have done, and what's due at every moment of the day.

I can't go to the bathroom without checking my boone-board, it seems.

Anyway. I also need to find a new driver because mine kinda juked me today--I got in the car BEFORE setting the price and so, somehow, the price was $10 more than the reverse trip, when he brought me to the airport a month ago.

I know they're all covering their gas inflation, but $50 for a 20 minute drive? Yowza. I need a new Dominican.

Anyway--I'm on one hour's sleep, so I am going to hop into a hot sudsy bath, and get to bed...I'll try to write something coherent tomorrow :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home