16 February 2007

ACLS certification step one...

My friend and I went down to the East side today to sign up for the ACLS course we've been talking about. This is an overt attempt at plumping up our resumes and at least getting it out of the way.

The first Peds midterm went well (though, I missed two that I know of, out of a hundred) but I'm hoping that what I feel and what I actually did are in concordance. I was pleased to say that all the fear they put into me about Peds and Psych have paid off so far. I ended up with an A in psych and doubt I can do that in Peds, but I'm sure gonna try.

This is a three day weekend and I've got five assignments pending for monday/tuesday that I have to crank out. The pace never slows even during a "holiday."

I'm so sleep deprived right now that I was delirious a few hours ago, and felt so dizzy it was like I had been drinking--that's never happened to me before. So, suspecting that I was really hypotensive/hypovolemic, I started drinking some water and feel better. But still, if I turn my head quickly, my eyes get all googley for a few seconds while they try to adjust...what gives?

I took a hot bath, changed the sheets on my bed, and I'm planning "a long winter's nap" as described in The Night Before Christmas...I'm even planning on sugar plum fairies dancing thru my head.

Anyway, I survived the week, improbable as that was.
Tomorrow, Saturday, will mark 21 days til I return home for spring break.

I miss you guys somethin' awful.
let's get together, eh?
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home