23 February 2007

Got my Integration placement

Last night, I received an email from someone at the ETP office asking me to come to discuss my integration site. This isn't the norm; this is because of my MS and difficulty getting around this summer in the super hot heat.

I ended up having a choice of two places, Cornell or Millstein. I like Cornell, but it's a 6:15 shuttle ride over to the east side, which, I'd be willing to do if it were a good placement. Millstein is around the corner from here, on the next block. A five minute walk.

So, I told her I could get around fine, now; it was just the heat of summer that was killing me and zapping my energy. She said the choices were Cardiac care ICU, a burn unit, a PACU, and something else I forget, so pretty much I picked the CCICU.

I'll be there from 7 am to 7 pm 3 days a week.
Another student from my clinical group will be working on my unit doing the 7 pm to 7 am shift, so we'll be handing off patients to each other, giving report to each other and so on...should be interesting.

Anyway, I'm excited that I got into a CCICU. I was worried about being ready for a CCICU when I get back home. I thought for sure my placement would be crap.

Home in two weeks.
It's maddening to be this close to coming home.
I'm so excited.

PS: it's colder than a penguin's ass here.
Be glad if you're back in beautiful California, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home