03 March 2007

Oh, Frabjous day!

I woke up thinking of that line from the Lewis Carroll poem



"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
He chortled in his joy.

www.jabberwocky.com/carroll/jabber/jabberwocky.html


Here's why: I woke up on my own...not from the stabbing, knife-like pain in my inferiorly designed lumbothoracic region, but because my alarm went off.

No pain!!!!!

Can this be? Surely when I move, the pain will be back.
So I reached to shut the alarm off and, nope...no pain.

Oh Frabjous day!

Then I called the ACLS place and talked to someone with one of the thickest New Yawk accents I've ever heard (Lwang Island) and explained to hm that I had called Thursday, but that I was waiting to see how I felt and neglected to call yesterday. "No Prwoblem, cwall tha office Mwonday and tell tham ya need ta reschejool."

What? even though I'm not coming in today? no 24 hour notice or I lose my fee? Nope....

Oh, Frabjous day!
I had been up until 1:30 RE-learning (what is this, like the 5th time now?) my ECG stuff. Elevated ST segment means myocardial injury, depressed ST segment means ischemia...labeling the most horrific looking waves (seriously...are these folks alive?) when they have inverted T waves, no S waves, or a notched R...holy moly.

So, THIS means, I can continue my cramming and transcribing of Peds notes, and work on taking the test, and have my stupid ACLS thing done in April, by the time I come home to work in an ICU.

I'm just glad to be rid of the back pain.
I think I was just stupid and felt better thursday, so I didn't take the Naprosyn, and Friday I was feeling it again.

So, I'll take the damned pill again this weekend, just to keep inflamation down. Now I'm thinking of the line from the Eagle's song: "Take it easy"

WHEW
Finally!
A Frabjous day.
I have been waiting for one of these!
:D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home