25 June 2007

Oh the humanity, what a day!

Terrible day.

After trying to get somewhere on the phone with the California Board of Registered Nurses, I grabbed my transcripts and packed a snack and off we all went to try to see if we could get somewhere in person. George came home from work, we packed the dog up, and took off for Sacramento.


We arrived in just around 1.5 hours, there was not much traffic. Within 15 minutes or so, the very same woman whom had sent me the letter was looking at my transcripts and saying I had a class on there that would count (Anthropology...roughly 14 or 15 years ago) so she'd process my application within a day and that I'd have my interim permit by Wednesday. (can it be? am I dreaming?)

Then, you'd think it was a nice, happy ride home, but as we drove home, I tried to contact the person that called me to tell me they had a new nurse training program starting August first at the Kaiser near my house (South San Fran) and am I still interested?

YES, YES, GOD...YES!

But I couldn't get her on the phone...no voice mail either.

So taking George's "don't take no for an answer" attitude, I decided to run in to the house, change clothes, and run over to that Kaiser. In person seemed to be workin for me so far, today...why not keep pushing my luck?

It was 4:30 pm when we got there and the blue-haired volunteers didn't know what I was talking about. But luckily, there was a paper on their desk that said "Human Resources" with an address and phone number. Once again, I learned as I was getting nowhere with the phone call, that going there was the only way to solve this.

With George driving, (thank god, because I'd have gotten lost about 4 times) we got there with 10 minutes to spare before the office closed.

"she's already left for the day" the receptionist said.
"can I leave her a note and my resume?" I asked "she called me this morning and I had told her there was a problem with my licence, but I drove all the way up to Sacramento to clear it up, and I'll have my permit on wednesday...if the spot is still open, I'd love to be considered for it"

She was so nice, and told me she'd make sure she got my note and resume.

How cool is that?
on the way home, I screamed out the car window, driving over the desolate mountain pass "I DON'T TAKE SHIT FROM NOOOOO ONNNNNNE!"

let's hope this is a new year for me; one in which I can overcome all my obstacles.

Thanks for your kind support, and prayers, you guys.
I love you :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home