13 January 2008

same sentiments, opposite coasts

So, here I am, trying to swtich my sleep back to days. I went to class Friday and Saturday. The drive is 45 miles in one direction (plus bridge toll) and the damned professor is a no show on Saturday--I can't complain, however, because there are people driving for two hours, and staying overnight on friday, paying a hotel for a room with a kitchenette. So unprofessional--her excuse was something about a family emergency and being in the hospital. Couldn't she have called to cancel and saved us all the commute? The school would have called us to tell us, and at least some of us would have been spared the hour plus drive and gas cost.

I don't even know my schedule because it wasn't made up last time I worked, so I'll have to find time to call in and ask when the next day I work is. It won't be tonight since this is my night off after classes--they give me at least one day, sometimes two to make the adjustment. I am counting the days here--I absolutely dread and hate going in to work. Soon I'll be alone, and left to drown, no doubt.

Hearing from another of the anesthesia students via email. She's also unsure about going back to the program, and toying with the idea of just getting an NP and working part time while doing it...quality of life over the next three years, etc.

I knew I wasn't the only one feeling this way (Hating my ICU, doubting Columbia, doubting myself, etc) but it was nice to hear that she's thinking the exact same things I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home