06 January 2008

"Training"

Friday and Saturday I went to Duh-blin to attend the Critical Care Nurse training program to which my work is sending me. I have to say that the instructor is a freak.

I thought we'd get along; she's a San Fran native, drives a Prius, and wears Z-coils, so I thought she'd be cool. Turns out, she's nuts and has no ability to distinguish when the lecture has veered from the topic, to the personal lives of the girl from Texas, of whose life we know every detail, or the instructor's life, about which we also know every intimate detail.

I know more about her house, where she lives, how she walks to work, how it was her great grandparent's house, where she works, where she's EVER worked, where she went to school, how she doesn't like UCSF, nearly every conversation she's ever had with anyone in a clinical setting, than I do about ABGs and Ventilators.

It was so hard getting my sleep flipped back to nights so I could be awake during classes in the day--now I see I probably won't have to; being asleep I'll get probably as much out of it. The only reason I'll continue to go is that I get paid as if I were at work, so, I'd rather be there than cleaning shit.

Now I am trying to stay awake again tonight to flip back to nights. I have to work Monday night, and it seems my days off will be mostly used to get my sleep switched and nothing else.

I was worried that before I went off to bed tonight at 7 pm (so I could get up at midnight and stay up all night) because the power cut out right before I went to bed. I lay there, trying to sleep, worrying: how am I going to heat the house, and how am I going to stay awake in the dark!? Thank goodness we had dinner already, but how am I going to make coffee?! I saw myself blogging by candle light until the battery on my laptop crapped out, but then, the gateway wouldn't work...no DSL without power! Oh the humanity!

So let me post this before the power goes out again!
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home