23 December 2007

Happy Holidays!

I'm working tonight, and then have two days off, and so does G, which is nice!
I'm actually looking forward to having a couple days off.

I'm getting along better with the nurses at night. The Cinnamon rolls made me some friends. The next night, another nurse brought take out for all of us, and we all eat together. I find this very different than the day shift, which was colder and a bit more exclusive. Right now, you couldn't pay me to go back to day shift.

On top of that, I'm getting between three and four hundred bucks per check more just for working nights. Add to that the lack of stress from having the phone ringing constantly, having family members calling and coming in, taking up what little time I have asking questions...and you want to be able to explain things to them, but often, you have just enough time to do your thing and get out of there only ONE hour late instead of two or three...and the amount of extra staff around, bugging. I so don't miss days.

I miss my days, however. I do miss the sun, and being awake during the day, sleeping at night when it's dark and cold--that I do miss. I miss being on the same schedule as my hubby and dog (believe it or not, the dog is acting like he misses me too, and doesn't "get" when I leave for work at night, or why I stay up on my nights off)

So I'm looking forward to the next two days off. Maybe we'll take a ride somewhere, or do a picnic in the VW at the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home