16 January 2008

Tell me, WHY...

Why oh WHY do patients code at shift change?

My patient waited until this morning at 7 to start having runs of SVT and the confusion about her code status was all over the place. She's no CPR, but she's on two pressors, the orders said "no new pressors to be started" and on her Kardex it said "no agressive measures" (vague enough for ya? she's on a vent, with pressure control of 54! How much more agressive can it get?)

Long story short, it all started at 7:10, waiting for the nurse that was coming on to take over for me, and the house doc started Diltiazem, atropine and who knows what else was given from the crash cart while I was mixing the dilt drip.

Oy vey, am I ready for a couple days OFF!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home