21 January 2008

Beginning of the End?

I'm worried.

Every time this sort of thing happens I have to wonder--is this it? Are they getting ready to axe me?

I went to class Friday, and again, our Saturday class was cancelled. The difference this week is that they had let us know before hand, so people didn't rent hotel rooms, etc. They also paraded in with a tray full of packages of snack goldfish crackers and rice crispy treats for us, as a way of apologizing for the no-show teacher last Saturday. They are also giving us a free BLS class certificate with no expiration date--big deal, employers usually pay for that. They're letting us use it toward any class we want to take. This is additional to the class we missed, that will be re-offered in February.

So, Saturday, I had a day to do what I wanted/needed to do. I spent the day repotting some plants, and running errands, cleaning, etc. I get a phone call at 11:30 pm, just as I'm napping--trying to switch my sleep back to days for going back to that miserable hospital...Somehow, I've been put in on the schedule for Saturday night.

WHAT?

no, uh...that's a mistake. I have DAY classes friday and saturday, and I usually get ONE day to switch my sleep back...even though class was cancelled today, I still need to switch my sleep. And who the FUCK is going in and making changes to the schedule AFTER it's been posted?! That's not legal!

Ah, of course. It's my nurse manager. How wonderful.
I'm sure I'll be in all sorts of trouble when I go in to work now, for not showing up on a day they originally scheduled me off, so I could go to class...and then chose to write me in.

If they're building a case for firing me, they're starting to piss me off.
I think I'd better write an email and leave a paper trail, just in case.
I'm a little too bitter for writing and hitting "send"

It's shit like this that makes me miss the private sector--as screwed up as that is at times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home