27 January 2008

un FRICKIN believable...

So, I am usually off Sundays, and work Monday nights. This gives me two nights (Saturday and Sunday) to get my sleep switched back after Fri-DAY and Satur-DAY classes.

So, I was totally expecting them to screw with me this week. I thought, since the schedule is made up during the days I'm off and in class, I have to call in Sunday nights to make sure (it being the first day of the two week schedle) that I'm not on Sunday night.

Of course not. They screwed me, but nothing so simple.

I'm scheduled TUES/WEDS/THURS.

Think about this: I go to class FRIDAY. DAY of Friday. Thursday night, I suppose I'm expected to come in at 11 pm, work until 8 am, and then magically teleport to Dublin and sit thru an 8 hour class. THEN Drive home for an hour....SURE...I'll be awake.

My strategy is to call my manager tomorrow and tell her it's ok with me, but that I'm going to miss classes this week. Even if I could stay awake thru the class, there's no way I could make a two hour drive fit into a 45 minute window. And...HOW the hell do they expect me to "work" 5 days in a row (if you include the two 8 hour days of classes)

no, no, no.
Why do I let them screw with me?
Unbelievable.

That's my gripe for the day. Every day it's some new shit and I have got to share the ridiculous ones with you, at least...just so you know the myriad ways a newbie gets screwed with.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:27:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home