17 February 2008

The End. (it’s not you, it’s me)

It's been real, y'all!

They say all good things must come to an end, yadda yadda. We both knew this day would come.

Over the past couple of years (God, has it really been that long?) I’ve been using this blog to get things off my chest. I’ve shared my hopes, fears, and doubts. I seem to start writing with confusion, but by the time I’ve reached the end of the entry, I’m clearer on what I think about something…how I REALLY feel about something. It’s been cathartic. And I’ve gotten some wonderful feedback and support from my closest friends.

There’s a reason this blog was named “The sleep-deprived ramblings of a former intern architect who decides to return to school to learn to be an anesthetist. (part 1)” It implies there are chapters, with beginnings and ends. A progression forward. Transitions.

I’ve recently come to a crossroads; an epiphany of sorts.

I have been thinking long and hard about what to do come September. Most of what I’ve thought, all the back and forth, has been poured out here, with sincerity, for anyone to read. I’m fairly open about what I think.

I have decided to wrap up this blog. I just need some space, it’s not you, it’s me. I’m not sure if it’s permanent, or a trial separation. But, for now, I am going to try not writing and see if my ability to think and reason things out for myself, without the benefit of the self-indulgent blah-blah-blah that has heretofore been helping me clarify what my own thoughts are.

It somehow just feels like the end of this blog, for reasons I can’t really go into.

I hope you can understand.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, February 17, 2008 11:33:00 PM , Blogger Lothian Birder said...

Good luck Lisa. You've got a great angle on things, and hope that's something you can bring back online after you've sorted things out.

Senninha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home