06 February 2008

That Karma's a bitch

There's nothing you can do to escape your Karma.

Most of you know, I'm Buddhist, and I believe very much in Karma. I've learned that contrary to what I grew up thinking, Karma isn't something that is sown here and reaped in the hereafter, or a next life (for some reason, in my Catholic upbringing, I had learned this as the definition of Karma.) What Karma actually is, by Buddhist definition, is the getting what you deserve in this life. This means, if you go to college and work hard, you will likely be rewarded with a good job, if you work hard in school, you will get good grades, if you are a kind and loving person to those around you, people will return your love and kindness...basically you reap what you sow here, not some afterlife.

Today was a perfect example of this, and it was all I could do to keep from pointing it out.

Remember back to psycho bitch and her nutty breakdown on the floor, yelling and screaming at me as 20 people were in the ICU trying to intubate one of our patients...she not only blurted out that I had confided in her that I was planning on leaving in September, going back to school to finish up the MSN in Nurse Anesthesia, but she went to my nurse manager and had a little whisper chat about how I told her I was looking for a new job. I know this, because I walked up to her office and caught her in the middle of telling her this.

Since then, this psycho has forgotten of our problems, and after two months of silence between us, she's slowly come around to being nice to me and trying to talk to me again. I work with her, I do it for my patient's sake (because in a code, I'm going to need her 4 or 5 year's experience on my side) but I wouldn't trust her with ANY, ANY information about ANYTHING personal of mine ever again.

She's not going to know about it if I have a headache, even.

So this morning as I was leaving, she came storming into the locker room, spouting off about how stupid she was, and how she'd just revealed her intentions to get another job, inadvertently to our nurse manager. Another nurse said to her "so, did you get a second dog?" (referring to this other puppy she was going to adopt) and psycho understood "did you get a second JOB" (which she's told everyone she's looking for"

I guess our nurse manager turned and looked at her and asked her about it.
When she told me this, all I could do was hang my stethoscope in my locker, with a smile, and close it without saying a word.

Karma is a bitch.

Namaste, my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home