05 February 2008

Flyinig Solo

I walked in last night to find it was just going to be me, my nurse manager, and the freak that went off on me on the floor two months ago (remember? "YOU DON'T LISTEN!!!) So now, I'm officially on my own, no one checking over my shoulder saying "did you remember to check this? did you give that?" and that sort of thing.

Scary.

At least, I got an easy assignment, more or less, the less acute patients because the very accute patient coded three times. Yucky messy codes (what they refer to as a Code Blue AND BROWN)

I of course am a professional and can carry on without a trace of rancor or bitterness for this bitch. (hah) But I think she's psychotic; she doesn't act as if there was anything going on between us--is she crazy? I am polite, and professional, but I still don't make any small talk, and she's probably the last person I'd ever talk to about ANYTHING personal. She can bite me, essentially.

Supah Tuesday.
I went over to the overly chipper bastards manning the polls and cast my vote. As I'm driving home, I hear on NPR that California is on paper ballots because the electronic voting was shown to be vulnerable to computer viruses and therefore nonreliable. What the....I JUST VOTED ELECTRONICALLY...and it was IN California!!!

At this point, the whole system is so corrupt, I don't believe in it anymore. Who knows what the electoral college will do, regardless of what we vote, or who we support and volunteer for and canvas for. This was what I was shocked to learn in political sciences--the electoral college does what it wants, and if you're lucky, they will do what the voters are wanting...they'll watch the polls as they're coming in.

But it's not at all about our votes, sadly. It's not. It would be a better world if the popular vote could decide our elected officials--especially the last 8 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home