06 June 2009

Not off to a good start

So, I've been doing great in my school work, academically, but I'm not the most lucky of people.

I was chillin' last night, watching an episode of "I'm a Celebrity, get me out of here" online and eating popcorn, when I broke a tooth. I guess I underestimated when the dentist said I had two cavities how bad they were.

So, it doesn't hurt, but I am worried about going to see a dentist here in New York--I've had issues with my VSD (ventricular septal defect) so they make me premedicate with a handfull of amoxicillin, and I have a low blood pressure and I'm usually tachycardic at baseline, so most dentists use Epinephrine in the shot they give you with the novocaine, because it speeds up the absorption, cutting down on your time in the chair, and making them able to move more people through the chair in one day. I can't have the Epi since it makes me so tachycardic that I pass out (no blood perfusion to the brain and I get short of breath, etc)

So, I called my dentist at home, and several other people...my friend Rebecca to ask if she's got a dentist, and the school's emergency health center.

My dentist told me going to an ER won't do it because they'll treat the pain, not fix the problem--so that's out.

So I booked a flight to SFO for tuesday. I have to miss my health and social policies class (and we've got a big group project happening, not good) so I'm sure I will be hurt by going home, but what can I do? I can't wait for it to get impacted or infected.

For now, I am not having any pain and I'm eating soft foods and rinsing with salt water...

Why me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home